The school uniform detailed below is for all students starting at CHS.
The CHS uniform and PE kit is only available from the school.
It is NOT available from any local stockists.
The uniform shop is open during term time on TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS between 8.30am and 9.15am
Please could students who have ordered online or wish to purchase, please come to H7 during these times.
If you have not already done so, you need to order your uniform via ParentMail/Shop. In order to use the shop facility in ParentMail you need to be registered with ParentMail. If you are not registered and need help with this please ring the school on 01243 787014 before the end of term.
When you collect uniform, you must keep the tags in place and save all packaging and hangers in case items need exchanging.
If you need to exchange any items, please email email@example.com.
In the email, you need to confirm your child’s name, any item, the current size, and the size you need to exchange it for.
Once the exchange items are ready for you to collect you will receive an email from us.
We apologise for any inconvenience that you may have experienced recently.
We have had to move all the stock out of the shop into the school as the roof on the uniform shop is now unsafe and leaking and is due to be replaced over the summer holidays.
Thank you for your patience.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, students are requested to collect their pre-ordered uniform from H6 as the uniform shop is closed until further notice.
All uniform needs to be pre-ordered through ParentMail and you will receive notification as to when it is ready to collect from H7.
If you are unable to order by ParentMail, please complete a uniform order form and ask your child to put it in the finance box by main reception. Please ensure you include a contact number as you will be rung when your order is ready for collection from H7.
If you find the uniform does not fit, please return it, unused with all the tags attached and we will replace with the correct size.
If you have any questions, please contact the school directly on 01243 787014 or email here
Orders will not be taken in at the finance office or reception.
If you order uniform on line via ParentMail please bring the receipt with you
to the shop, otherwise bring your order and cash or cheque
made payable to CHS with you.
Entrance to the shop is via the main reception for parents/carers.
Shop Opening Times (Term Time ONLY) from September 2017
Tuesday 8.45am – 9.45am
Thursday 8.30am – 9.30am
Your child can pick up an order form from Reception (or print below).
Click here for the uniform order form.
You can also contact the school regarding uniform at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regulation black skirt of knee length (one style only is allowed and is only available from the school or tailored black trousers (NOT jean style, flared or tight) made of non-stretching, non-fade material and no longer than 1” off the ground. Trousers may be purchased from any stockist.
- White shirt with collar, top button fastened and tucked into skirt/trousers.
Material should be sufficiently ‘thick’ and opaque for the pupil not to need a
T-shirt underneath. Shirts may be purchased from any stockist.
- Regulation purple school blazer (only available from the school).
- Regulation school tie in-house colour (only available from the school).
- Regulation grey jumper with purple trim (optional and only available from the school).
- Girls – plain black tights or black, grey or white socks.
Boys – plain black or grey socks.
- Girls - plain, low heeled completely black formal shoe. Maximum heel 5cm (2”). Fabric shoes, boots and leather trainers are not allowed.
All laces must be black.
Sandals are not allowed for safety reasons.
Boys – plain completely black formal shoe.
Fabric shoes, boots and leather trainers are not allowed.
All laces must be black.
- Outdoor coat – any suitable style which should be smart and free from offensive logos (no denim jackets or hoodies). Outdoor coats are only to be worn over the blazer and are not to be worn inside the school buildings.
- Optional – plain black belt with simple buckle.
- Jeans, cords, chinos, tight trousers or very short skirts.
- Sweatshirts, hoodies and cardigans.
- Trainers, plimsolls, canvas shoes and boots.
- Baseball caps or hoods worn up.
- Additional items of clothing which detract from the uniform.
- Extremes of hair style, hair colour or accessories.
- Make-up, nail polish or false nails.
Acrylic nails are not permitted at school and all nails must be filed to a suitable length and not be significantly pointed. We do not permit nail polish.
Jewellery and piercings
Jewellery should be limited to a watch and one pair of small plain stud earrings worn in pierced earlobes. These should be removed for PE, Games and other practical subjects as the teacher may deem necessary for health and safety reasons.
Ear stretchers, ear tunnels, tragus bars and tragus earrings, tribal earrings etc are not allowed. No facial piercings.
We strongly advise that students do not bring expensive items of jewellery (or other personal possessions) into school.
The school does not accept liability for any loss or damage to jewellery (or other personal possessions) under any circumstances.
Existing students wearing CHSG/CHSB uniform
Existing students may continue to wear their existing uniform, as above but with the following exceptions, until this needs to be replaced when the new uniform should be purchased.
- Regulation navy skirt or navy or black trousers.
- Regulation white blouse with revere collar.
- Regulation navy blazer with school badge.
- Regulation navy pullover with red strip in v-neck.
- Regulation green school blazer
- Regulation school tie
- CHSB regulation school jumper
(you cannot purchase these anymore so please ensure you are wearing a CHS jumper, grey with purple v-neck if you need to wear a jumper. No other style is acceptable)
The PE kit is as follows:
- Black and purple shorts or skort (only available from the school)
- Black and purple polo shirt (only available from the school)
- White plimsolls/trainers, non-marking
- ¼” zip top (optional and only available from the school)
- Black and purple football socks (only available from the school)
- Plain black leggings (girls – for creative activities)
- Football boots
- Gum shield (for rugby and hockey)
- Shin pads (for rugby and hockey)
- Plain black jogging trouser (winter)
- Astro shoes
- PE bag
Existing students may continue to wear the red/navy girls PE kits or green/white boys PE kit until this needs to be replaced when the new kit should be purchased.
The following items should be brought to school every day:
- Suitable school bag or rucksack, capable of holding A4 size books and folders.
- Student planner which is provided by the school.
- Writing equipment including as a minimum 2 pens, a pencil, ruler and rubber.
- Correct books/folders and any other equipment needed for the day’s lessons
e.g. calculator, coloured pencils, ink cartridges, technology apron etc.